In 1953, Clement and Martin Rand started Rand Manufacturing to manufacture sheet metal products such as radiator enclosures and metal venetian blinds.  Their factory in Schenectady moved several times, and moved to it's current location at 1602 Van Vranken Avenue in 1970.

In 1977, the Rands sold the business to Henry Frick and Eugene Knopf, who set out to expand the business, and, in 1980, they began sales and installations of residential and commercial window treatments.  They grew this business, and at one time had two retail showrooms in the Capital District, and were one of the largest window decorating businesses in Upstate NY.

However, after Mr. Knopf passed away, Mr. Frick semi-retired, deciding to sell the window treatment portion of the business and retain only the sheet metal manufacturing division.

Mr. Frick's daughter, Gynger Connolly, joined the business in 1998, becoming President and Owner in early 2000, and soon wanted to expand the business as her dad had done years before.  She decided to open a new division of Rand Manufacturing, doing business as "Blinds, Shades & More". 

Mr. Frick has remained the GM of shop operations at Rand Manufacturing, while Gynger focuses on window treatment marketing, sales and customer service in both the residential and commercial markets.

Blinds, Shades & More currently has active accounts established with all major window treatment manufacturers, and offers a large showroom at the Van Vranken Avenue facility, as well as shop-at-home service, and installations of window treatments.

As a family owned business, we are always open to suggestions and feedback, and only hire employees that meet or exceed our own personal standards for excellence and customer service.

The factory and large window treatment showroom are located at 1602 Van Vranken Avenue, just down the street from Union College in Schenectady.
Your Subtitle text
About Us
Website Builder